The Loganda Gold Mine Complex
This collection of three buildings includes a Mine Manager's Cabin, an Assay Office (original) and a Ball Mill.
The Cabin and Ball Mill are new buildings based on the original Loganda Mine building, that no longer exists.
Colonel R. A. Logan's Loganda prospecting and mining company was akey factor in the development of Upper Lakeville, the closest community to the mine and Lake Charlotte itself, then known as Lower Lakeville. Colonel Logan began prospecting for gold and other minerals during the early 1930's. Gold was found and extracted for several years beforethe onset of World War II, when fuel rationing forced the mine to shutdown.
The Mine Manager's Cabin features authentic wall board fromthe 1940s and period furnishings. The Assay Office houses some of the simple equipment that was used to check for traces of gold in the crushedore. The Ball Mill houses much of the original equipment in working condition.