In the days before disposability and easy access via road to urban centres, tools and equipment had to be fixed or made locally. Usually there would be a workshop where this happened, often with a mix of machines, old and new.
The Ford Webber Workshop, which is fully functional, was built in about 1950. The building's corrugated iron cladding was a popular post-war product, equivalent to today's steel and vinyl siding. At one end ofthe workshop is an addition housing metal working and blacksmith's equipment.